Monday, February 14, 2011

Catch Up!

Well, I realized that I haven't blogged about December or much about since then. So here we go...

Here we are at the new BYU-I Center dedication. It's a mini General Conference center (in SLC, UT). It sits 15,000 people with the SLC Conference Center at 21,000. It's just a bit smaller, and the actual building is used for other things, like there's an indoor track and huge court that has about 8? normal sized basketball courts. It's a super nice building. On the second floor they have 10 foot tall Carl Bloch pictures one after another down the whole hall. I love it! Anyways, it's a huge blessing that we've been blessed with here on BYU-I campus. We love having it, and love being in it, because everyone can actually fit in it for devotional and such things. It's great! :) Here's me and Trev after hearing Elder Bednar speak and Pres. Eyring gave the dedication prayer (they are both past Presidents of Ricks/BYU-I. We loved seeing them and also Elder Nelson. It was a lovely meeting!


And here are two pictures of the inside of the conference center part of the building...they aren't very good cuz I wasn't sure if pictures were allowed, so I was being fast and sneaky...



There were a ton of people there for it!!

Anyways, then we went to Utah for 10 days over the break and had the opportunity of hanging out with my good friend Kaitlin and her "friend" (at the time :)) and going to see the lights at Temple Square, which I'd never really seen/been to before. It was great going with Trevor! :)

We were excited to be there!!! Haha...I was at least.


Sorry it's kind of blurry....

 Here we are trying to get a picture of us in front of the temple...it obviously didn't work...

But we still got a picture of the beautiful temple!!! :)

Anyways, we had a great time in Utah with my family, where Trev got more used to the largeness of our family gatherings and I guess my family got to know Trev better. It was great, until we got the stomach flu the last day we were there and were throwing up all day.
We came back to Idaho and stayed with Trevor's family for about a week helping with his sister's wedding planning as much as we could. We also went to Jackson Hole where everyone went skiing as the family Christmas present, except for me, Kylie, and Taush, who went tubing. Haha. We don't know how to ski, except Taush who just doesn't like it much. It was way fun hanging out with all the children, since we were pretty much the only ones over 10 on the tubes. But it was still a blast. On the way back, a miracle happened when the second vehicle with Trev's oldest two brother's Rich and Brad, Brad's wife Sara and Trev's parents rolled in Rich's car when they hit ice in a canyon area and rolled one and a half times. Everyone got out with no scratches and we all went home after. It was a blessing, except for Rich's car was totaled. So that was Christmas.

Here is a picture of the boys (minus Dustin) at SnoKing's Ski Lodge....
(Farrell (Trev's dad), Brad, Trev, Rich, Craig)


Here are the girls...(minus Kristen-Her and Dustin were off renting skis)
(Me, Sara, Stacy (Trev's mom), Kylie, and Taushalyn)


Then right after Christmas came the fourth wedding in the Steiner's family, on 1-11-11, of this cute couple. ;)


(And just in case Kristen sees this...I stole this from your facebook..sorry!)

Then on February 6, 2011 we celebrated our 6 month wedding anniversary. Since it was a Sunday, I planned a "surprise date" for Trev. But it just so happened, that was the day I found out that we were pregnant. Perfect planning, I mean coincidence. So our date consisted of a surprise meal of one of Trev's favorites, his grandma Steiner's meatballs and then some mashed potatoes, and chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips for dessert. After dessert I showed him the pregnancy test that was positive, to which he took five minutes to almost interpret (which I don't understand since the guide is printed right next to the result..haha) and then we were happy. :) Well, we started Ramona and Beezus, which we love so much Trev got it for me for Christmas, and then I surprised him with tickets to a famous Saxophone players concert (Trev played Sax for a long time). We enjoyed that...for most of the time. It got kind of long. But it was fun to hear the sax played so crazily well.

Here is a picture of the dinner table before Trev came. I TRY to be romantic...but we just aren't like that. But it's fun planning I guess. And p.s. those aren't candlesticks. Haha. They are just pieces of paper...we have the holders, might as well use them even if we can't have flames in our apt.

And here is Trev before the concert started...

Well, that's pretty much everything with catching up. :) Sorry it was so long. But at least there were pictures!

4 comments:

  1. Bless your hearts--You two are just adorable. We're excited to see you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the first picture of you and Trevor in the conference center thing. And I love that you rolled up papers instead of candles. You're a funny girl. Happy 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys take very cute pictures together. I love it. :)
    The romantic dinner looks wonderful, but where are the preggie pictures?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute!! I love the picture of you two in front of the temple. You look so darn cute! I love the candle sticks. Haha!!

    ReplyDelete

HTML/Java Script