Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mom's are the BEST!!!

So...I have watched this video a couple of times, and it just touches me a lot. I think mom's are the greatest things ever!!! I encourage you all to watch this MormonAd here!
It is so so so good!!! But I would just like to tell you about my mom! She is so great!!! She is one of my VERY best friends! She is ALWAYS there for me...she laughs with me, she listens to me, she talks with me, she cries with me, she is amazing!!! I used to lay in bed sometimes growing up, and think about what if my mom died...and I would cry for a long time. I always told my Heavenly Father at those times that I didn't think I could make it without my mom. My mom is one of the most special people in the world to me. She at least tries to understand me when no one else will. She raised me in the perfect way that I needed her to. My mom is quiet when you see her in public...but is not quiet at all. She is hilarious and is so diligent in her church callings, in her Divine calling as a mother and grandmother, in going to the temple quite often, etc! She has always made herself available at all times for me to go vent and talk to her. I've always known my mom said her prayers and that she reads her scriptures, which has been a great example for me. I have always known that when I need extra help or blessings in life, that I could ask my mom to pray for me, and that everything would be okay. When I first came to Rexburg to go to college, I remember just needing help during many hard times and sending my mom an email bawling, asking her to pray for me, and she'd always write me back telling me she had done that and so much more, and I always felt it. I can honestly say that I have never doubted my mom and that she has been there for me always. All I have ever wanted to do is be a mom, because of my mom's great example, yet she is so humble and always tells me it's my job to do a better job than she did...which I don't even know how to do that.
Anyways, I just wanted to get that off my chest and say that I am SOOOOOOOOOO grateful for my mom!!! And I hope to be as good of a mom as she is someday! :)
But I really am just so grateful for all moms out there...and I am just so grateful not just for my mom's example, but my older sister's and sister-in-law's as well. They are so good with their kids and I learn so much from them. I know that they don't have it easy in their individual circumstances...but they don't give up and they do all that they can to be home with their kids and give them the individual attention and love that their kids need. I just love watching them and knowing I can always go to them if I need help raising kids of my own someday...
Anyways, I don't mean to be sappy or anything, but I really am just grateful for mom's today! :) That's all!!!
P.S. Here is a picture of my angel mother and I at my wedding!!! :)

3 comments:

HTML/Java Script