(This pic is from the V-Day dance I worked at school. Trev came to pick me up and so we got our pictures taken! I love them! And him!!! Plus now there is a visual of us...:))
So, my sister-in-law Brittney has this super cute blog (here), where she got tagged to tell 15 things about herself, and then tagged me. SO....here it goes.
1-I LOVE salsa! I could drink the stuff. Anything that would be reasonable to put salsa on, I put it on there. Pretty sure we've already gone through the box of bottles of salsa that my mother-in-law gave us about 2 months ago...oops?
2-I have a ponytail every day of my life, ever since I was in about 3rd or 4th grade (aka: as long as I can remember). I try hard to leave it down occasionally but I just can't take it. I can count on two hands the number of school days where I've gone the entire school day without putting my hair up.
3-I LOVE little kids. They are my favorite...namely my cute cute cute little nieces and nephews. I have 11 as of right now, now that my sister Liz just had her child this last weekend, and we just found out my other sister is pregnant!! The more, the better, is what I always say! :)
4-If you know me, you know I love to talk. I never really stop. It's a problem sometimes. But it's funny, cuz my mom has helped me to realize that it's one of my biggest talents, is that I'm able to talk to anybody about anything. I never really realized it, until people started pointing it out (Trevor does all the time), but I will meet someone, and they will just spill everything about their life to me in the first 10 minutes of meeting/talking. It's wierd, but I love it. Funny story: So i have this new job where I basically chaperone campus dances. So I was working one night at the entrance and leaned over to tell this girl, but really woman, that I thought she was pretty. Next thing I know, she is sitting so close to me I can hardly move or breathe, and is telling me about how she's getting divorced and has 4 kids with this other guy, who she is starting to get back with, but she thinks the divorce might not go through, and on and on it went. Seriously, for 20 minutes. It was the most insane story and I didn't even know her name. But I know this stuff now. Wow. So yeah, my talking can be annoying, (Sorry!), and is one of my weaknesses, but is also one of those talents that is very unique to me. :)
6-I love wearing sweats! I wear them all the time, whenever I possibly can! :)
7-I hate wearing shoes, but I hate having cold feet, so I LOVE socks. I take my shoes off whenever I can. But, to help myself out, i bought some very cute/comfortable mocassins, and I LOVE them!! Greatest investment ever. They are comfortable and warm...so I wear them all the time to school and work. :)
8-Who is my hero, you may wonder...it would be my awesome husband Trevor! Can I just tell you why? Okay! So, I was reading in my nutrition book about eating disorders, namely anorexia, yesterday and realized, again, just how much love and respect I have for that man. That is one tough disease and it just amazes me that he went through it and then overcame it! WOW!!! That does not happen very often. And the truth? It was no easy thing for him. He is one tough cookie. Of course he had lots of angels (which I talked about in another post here) to help him out, and of course, he had our Savior Jesus Christ helping him out, thank goodness! But he still went through a lot! Another reason why he is my hero? Sacrifice. We learned about sacrifice in Relief Society on Sunday and I thought of how Trevor has sacrificed a lot for him to be living right now, and I was just so grateful for him. Trevor has been swimming since he was a wee one and LOVES it. He tells me about it sometimes and how much he misses it. Why does he miss it? Cuz he recognized aerobic exercise as a trigger for his addiction of anorexia and exercise, and has given it up, so he can live! Wow! It might seem small, but it means the world to me! And another thing I am so grateful for about Trevor is what a great example he is. He has helped SOOOO many people who struggle with eating disorders and I'm so grateful to know, that even though eating disorders are partially genetic disorders, so chances are at least one of our kids will probably struggle with it, they will have a dad who hasn't just tried to live with it, but has gotten the help he needed and has made great sacrifices and can help them through it all. What a huge huge blessing. Cuz heaven knows I have no problem of such and would not be able to help them like he can! :)
(sorry that was so long...people just ought to know about my hero! :))
9-I have this wierd problem with my kidneys that I've had since kindergarten, but that doctors have never been able to figure out. Randomly my kidneys will just start pounding with intense pain and it stinks. I hope someday we can get it figured out! :) But until then, I'm super grateful that it doesn't happen as often as I get older.
10-I had never moved in my entire life until I moved to BYU-Idaho a year ago!
11-My favorite classes in school involve studying relationships and people.
12-I LOVE being with my family, especially when all the girls are together...my sisters and sister-in-law's are the greatest! It's so much fun, even though it's totally crazy! I love it!
13-I love to read. I love most to read about people who have overcome hard things. So fascinating!
14-I really want to learn to speak spanish and sign sign language fluently someday! I'm working on spanish right now...
15-I am a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! It's who I am and I love love love it! It is the greatest thing ever and makes life absolutely wonderful!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I feel like I know you on a whole new level now--like two strangers who just met in a happenstance of fate.
ReplyDeleteNot really, but I didn't know you have kidney problems. That explains your aversion to beans of the same variety.
Wow I didn't know a lot of those things about you. . . okay almost all of them:) That is a way cute and fun way to get to know ya.
ReplyDeleteYOU SKIPPED NUMBER 5!!! :) I think you're awesome.
ReplyDeleteFun! My Google Reader wasn't showing me your blog, for some reason, so I'm REALLY behind on everything that's been going on for you. I love your 15 things. You are so cute and I love talking to you and hanging out in the living room with you and your family. It's seriously one of my new favorite things.
ReplyDeleteSo when your kidneys hurt it stinks? That explains a lot!!! I just always thought you had hygiene issues...
ReplyDeleteAll kidding aside, that was a great post. Trevor really is amazing, isn't he?