Sunday, May 21, 2017

Getting into It and the Beginning of May!

I'm the worst at blogging, but I've been feeling the itch to get on top of it again. So here's to a new goal that I will probably fail at like all other goals I have. haha.

So we now live in a town of 4,000 people in the Panhandle of Texas called Friona. Trevor is working at the rural hospital and clinic full time, and he's loving it so far. It's a great job with great co-workers and staff all around. He's always telling me about how much he loves the people he works with, whether in the hospital, the MA's in the clinic, those over him, etc. So we're really happy about that.

We mostly stick to being at home, since it's at least 30 minutes away to do anything outside of Friona, but we are LOVING the fields all around. I always think about how grateful I am to be living in such a beautiful part of the world. I mean, the haze from the feed lots is out of this world (exhibit A below) and WAY stinky, but man it is beautiful here. :) And the people are the kindest you'll ever meet!

There are feed lots all around Friona and Hereford (where our branch/church building is located-30 minutes East of us) and usually have over 50,000 cows in each one...from what I've heard ;)

Beautiful West Texas


If you can see past the bug covered windshield, the fog ahead is from the feed lot. That's the stinkiest fog you'll ever drive through. hahahahah.


Anyways, I've been trying to start a group for women in Friona to get together once a month and tie quilts/make reusable pads for Days for Girls. I've made my first pads and liners. Here is a picture of some of my work. I love this organization and all they do to empower women in other countries. If you've never heard of Days for Girls, google them. Incredible group!


The quilting frame Trevor made me (with our donation pile in the background for added aesthetic ;))



Then here are some random pictures from before our trip to Utah, in May.
Phoebe continues to be the absolute best older sister. I wish everyone could have a Phoebe in their family. She is the most nurturing little mom I've ever seen/met. I love her! She loves holding the baby!

And always playing with her.

Pax had a few t-ball games

My normally 'shy around new people' children were not shy at all for Ettie's well child visit to the doctor. My heck. This is them in action. Not pictured: the play screaming, loud talking from the one and only 'one volume Haddie' and climbing.

Haddie's always demanding back tickles. :)

Paxton has started enjoying baby Ettie as well. He's a great helper when she's crying. He told me a few weeks ago (plus I've seen him in action) that when he shakes his head back and forth quickly it gets her to stop crying. It's true. It does. haha.

One of the many perks to living with Phoebe, haha

And our sweet Ettie is 5 months and rolling all over the place!






3 comments:

  1. Cute kids! And I gotta say, I can't blame Haddie. I'm the same way with back tickles/scratches. The best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the unicorn trough in the kitchen. Really nice feature

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're blogging again. It's nice to see all the pictures of your cute kids!

    ReplyDelete

HTML/Java Script