Well, we headed up to Utah on May 9 (13 hour drive each way) for Emily's wedding to Steven Taylor, on May 13th. We did each drive in one day to give as much time to visiting family as possible. We enjoyed driving up, as it's a drive we've never done. I know I visited the south east corner of Utah and that neighboring corner of Colorado as a kid, but it was fun seeing it all as an adult. Here are some pictures from the drive up. Which by the way, I am not exaggerating when I say the kids did SO well on the way up. There was LITERALLY only 10 minutes of whining the whole time, which was 30 minutes before we got to my parent's house. Score!
 |
| Every part of Utah is so unique and beautiful. I always wonder how the heck these rock formations were formed. CRAZY! |
 |
| We stopped for a few minutes to get gas and see the Monticello UT temple. It's one of the only LDS temples I haven't seen in Utah as an adult (still need to see Manti and Vernal, even though I know I saw those two as a child too). |
 |
| So little and beautiful! |
The day after we got there, we celebrated Trevor's 30th birthday!!! He's getting old! Paxton and I secretly planned a few days before that for his birthday we'd do Rhodes cinnamon rolls and cheesy eggs for breakfast. My mom basically did all the work for me that day with cooking, so thanks Mom!!! I appreciate it!
After breakfast, we headed up to Cabella's with our kids to look at fish/animals/etc. That was fun and the first time for me. The kids loved it. And after that we picked up the greatest food on earth for lunch...CAFE RIO!!! Man I've missed that. We were literally eating a salad at least once a week for the last 3 months of living in St. George, so it was good to be back to that again. :)




Then we had naps and hung out. That night we had Trevor's favorite dinner to celebrate with Emily and Steven and Dallin and Derek (who was wife-less all weekend while Jamie kicked butt at her Big Sky championship race where she broke a record! Again #Mysisterinlawisfasterthanyourfasterinlaw. :) (We did watch her races on Saturday online, which was so fun to see her run again!) We had BBQ chicken and Rice a Roni with steamed Broccoli. (All very specifically mentioned, and again, thanks to my mom for being the best cook around!) And then we had my mom's Fried Ice Cream and chocolate and Caramel sauces for dessert. Jenna and Co came for that! Thanks for all that came to celebrate my hot husband! :)
 |
| If you look side ways and squint, you MIGHT see the 30 I attempted out of candle. haha |
 |
| I grabbed some packs of treats for the kids to wrap and give Trevor since he got a grill for his birthday before we came. |
 |
| Dallin oh so kindly shaved all but his goatee so we could see what a stud muffin he is, only for a day though. And here he is being the greatest uncle ever, like always. |
 |
| Getting more back tickles... |
 |
Paxton got out of bed and helped Trevor put together his new grill for a daddy date. He was THRILLED. (This was a few days before leaving for Utah.)
|
So that was on Wednesday, and on Friday morning, Trevor, Dallin, and Willy went on a hike to the Y in Provo, but then proceeded past that to the top of the mountain that the Y is on. Some pictures of that....
It was so fun to have you guys visit. That mom really is amazing. And one day I will hike the Y. And the G. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe Trevor is the big 3-0. We sure enjoyed seeing you guys on your visit!!
ReplyDelete