Monday, May 28, 2012

March and April

Okay, it's been forever...but in my defense I don't think my life has ever been so busy and...hard? Okay. That's a good word. For some reason I can NOT get on top of this semester. I thought it was going to be my easiest semester in a long time...WRONG. So, I just haven't gotten around to blogging even though I've wanted to...and even though I really should be working on my paper right now. Oh well. Well, I don't really remember March and April much but I have pictures.
But really quick about the things I DO remember....
-Pax turned 6 months old on April 14th.
-We moved in with Trevor's parents for the semester since Stacy (Trev's Mom) babysits for me about 20 hours a week....basically she is the only reason I am going to school this semester and am able to graduate in July finally. :) So we really really appreciate her and all of the Steiner's for making our lives easier by allowing us to live with them and for watching Pax all of the time for us. It helps us out a lot!
-Trevor is just about to finish up working for the USDA doing soil sampling like he did when we were engaged. Basically he gets soil samples in the potato fields all around here so that they can test for this infectious, microscopic work called a nematode. So yeah, the farmers are planting their fields now so that's ending and so he just found out he can actually renew his CNA here in Idaho even though it's been expired for 5 years, which is a HUGE blessing. So although we'd like to move to Utah for the next year, we will probably end up staying here in Idaho until PA school happens..hopefully next fall.
-I finished the biggest semester of my life. And it turned out well thank goodness. I ended up getting the scholarship that we NEEDED me to get so I could go this semester too! We're grateful for the many prayers that the Lord answered for this to be made possible.
-I got a week break and we were able to visit Utah and be with everyone, which we haven't done since Christmas, so we're grateful we got to do that.
-I started my last semester before I graduate!!! Woot woot! Seriously, I'm SO sick of school and having to leave Pax all of the time. But I'm so grateful to be getting my education done. I've also been doing my internship which has been a very interesting, but great experience. I am shadowing a Marriage and Family Therapist and also a Licensed Counselor here in Idaho Falls. It's been a really good experience that has helped me see what I want to do with my career someday when I go back and get my masters. I'm leaning more towards counseling now rather than Marriage and Family Therapy. This office works a LOT with PTSD (Post Traumatic Stess Disorder) and trauma in general and I'm finding that's what I'm really interested in doing someday. I still love the idea of helping marriages and families, but can do that as a counselor. I just really like the approach counselors take more. But that's just my opinion. :) So yeah, it's been really good for me! I'm learning a lot about how amazing people are, and how amazing people go through TERRIBLE things sometimes. They are great examples to me and it's so uplifting to be around such strong individuals who have been hurt in some of the most painful ways.
Okay...that's the update..now for the cute pictures of Paxton...


He does not like his Bumbo much after about 5 minutes...haha

We finally discovered he was getting teeth after he already had one in and had one about to break through...

haha. He would NOT let go of his toy for like 5 minutes, literally.

About to watch General Conference :) Which we LOVED

He loves his daddy. :)

Matthew Farrell Steiner was born early on April 22nd, at 8 lbs. 1 oz. He's a cutie. So Pax finally has a cousin on the Steiner side. (Here is Brad, the proud papa holding him)

We all went and visited after she had the cutie

Pax is such a happy cute baby. We are just so grateful for how good he is during this crazy time of our lives. :)

Pax LOVES crossing his ankles like this, especially when stretching his legs. It's hilarious.


3 comments:

  1. I loved both of these blogs! Pax is one cute little boy. Love the pooping position. You are quite the chef missy! Look at all that cool stuff you make. Good luck on finishing school! The end is near!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the recipe for that bbq chicken! It looks amazing! All that stuff looks good. Good job Miss Klee. Paxton is sooo cute. And I'm sad you won't be coming to Utah after all, but I suppose I'll live ;) Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of him holding the toy and of him crossing his ankles! Hahaha!! I'm glad you're enjoying your internship and figuring out what you like. So exciting that you're almost done!!!!

    ReplyDelete

HTML/Java Script