Thursday, April 19, 2012

Getting In Shape After Having a Baby

So, I have meant to share these videos on my blog for quite some time. When I had Paxton my mom told me about how she saw some morning show where they had a lady talking about her specialty of helping women get their abs back in shape after a pregnancy-and she was REALLY good. She could get women with amazing looking abs in like 8-10 monts? I don't remember, but it was awesome. Well I looked it up and found the video where she showed the 10 steps, but can NOT find it anymore. I've searched and searched. Anyways, I only saw it once and still remember some of the steps, but not all of them. Anyways, I found this video series of 4 different exercises which were the same 4 steps in this ladies video (and in her video she stressed the importance of the 4 steps and getting them down really well before moving on to the other steps). Anyways, I did these after having Paxton and they helped a TON. My abs were really stretched out and my back killed and this helped me get my abs feeling stronger and more normal-and to a point where I felt like normal crunches were actually helping and were doing something. So here is the first of the 5 videos (the first video teaches you how to breathe and flex your abs correctly so you can reach those very bottom abs with these exercises)-and just a warning, they seem too simple to do anything and just lame, but doing it for just 5-7 minutes a day helps SO much! I tried to get one new step down good every day until I had all of them and then did all of them for a while each day for just a little bit (and just for the record, I don't think these would just help after having a baby, but just anyone who wants to strengthen their abs-because these exercises strengthen the very inner abs that are important to strengthen)-so just suck up that they are boring and super simple and DO THEM! :)
Learning the breathing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQzjjNGIJuU&feature=related
Step 2-the first "move": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNOWNJiU0jE&feature=relmfu
Step 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU2h5xC3kKI&feature=relmfu
Step 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MybT85gUOus&feature=relmfu
Step 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtomWghScas&feature=relmfu

Well, I remembered two of the other 6 steps from the lady's video, and just found this other youtube video that shows the two I remember in his 5 ab workouts-the plank and the "stability ball roll out". These are really good, and I think he maybe does some of the other ones I don't remember from her video, but like I said, I don't remember-but they look like good workouts. So here is this guys video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI9Kvk_HMO8&feature=related

So I just thought I'd share those, because they've helped me to strengthen my abs (quickly and surprisingly) and my back doesn't hurt anymore! Actually, when it would hurt REALLY bad, I'd do these and they'd help me SO much-aka: they made it so I could actually sleep instead of trying to find a comfortable position in bed when there wasn't any because my back hurt so bad. And now I feel like I can do crunches and they are helping. So there you go! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that level 5 one felt good! I like 'em. I think I'll add em to my daily workout. Thanks for posting them! I've been meaning to ask you for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaylee, I'm sooo going to try these!

    ReplyDelete

HTML/Java Script