Monday, May 28, 2012

An update on Elder Derek and May


Derek and Paxton about 6 days before he left :) what cuties!

Us at Derek's farewell
So April ended with us saying goodbye to our sweet brother Derek! He left May 16th for the MTC for the Stokholm Sweden mission. Derek has been my best buddy since we were little. Me, him, and Jason were always best friends and did a lot together. I'm going to miss him SO much! I already do! He is SUCH a good guy. He has always been there for me. Really quick, sweet story about Derek..well similar stories all in one. Derek, in high school, would always tell me a lot about his latest crush. We used to stay up late at night on many occasions, and we'd talk. I remember one night in particular. I had just started running seriously and my legs and feet hurt really bad one night. It was really late and I remember I was so tired but wanted to talk to Derek. So I laid in the hall outside of the bathroom waiting for him to get out and then he came out and we talked till like 2 or 3 in the morning while he rubbed my legs and feet for me while he told me all about the girl he liked and what he liked about her. He is just so great to me. I look up to him a ton and am sad I can't text or call him for the next two years. :) He is what he believes and I admire that a lot!
 Good luck Der-bear!


We celebrated Trev's birthday with his family before Pax and I headed for UT for a study I'm in (we were gone on his actual birthday). Trev's parents got him new scriptures (which were much needed, so thank you), a Michael Buble music book, and a candy bar poster.


While in Utah we went to Krispy Kremes to get doughnuts for our grades


The weekend after we got back, Trev's family was gone so we had the house to ourselves so we did a birthday party for Trev with just us 3. :) I got him the piano/singing music for "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" (the version from "17 Miracles"...can be heard here  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_ig_aM3zgw  . Some girl sang it at Derek's farewell and Trev said he'd love to sing it sometime...so I got it :)) 

We had DELICIOUS BBQ barbecued chicken, homemade chicken rice a roni (recipe is below...SO easy and DELICIOUS), and steamed carrots.

And Trev wanted Bread Pudding, so we made the caramel apple bread pudding from Ourbestbites.com...it was delicious!

Pax with his new cousin Matthew..about 3 weeks old


Pax's position for pooping..it's hilarious

Us watching Trev fish at a pond in Idaho Falls on free fishing day

My hot husband :)

A dead fish in the water right by us..disgusting. And the only fish we saw the entire time

the pond we fished at....it's a pretty good sized pond for fishing in Idaho Falls


It was windy and cold so Pax and I played in the car while Trev kept fishing.

HAHA Pax LOVES listening to things like General Conference and will hardly look away. I think he just likes watching movie things and hearing new voices, but it's cute anyways.

Some sweet Tie-dye cupcakes I made for Stacy

Going on a walk...

Pax pushing hard. HAHAH
It's been a good month and at the end of this week my last semester of school is HALF OVER. Yay! Only 8 more weeks until I will be graduated!

Recipe for Homemade Rice-A-Roni...SUPER EASY
Time: 15 minutes to prep and cook

Directions:

  1. 1
    In medium skillet saute' broken spaghetti pieces in butter, stirring constantly, until the spaghetti begins to brown.
  2. 2
    Add rice, stirring until the rice is well coated with the butter and the spaghetti browns a little more Carefully pour in broth.
  3. 3
    Simmer until liquid is absorbed.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-rice-a-roni-24476#ixzz1wCDhJG00

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pooping pictures!! Hahaha!!! Cute picture of Derek and Pax. I'm glad Trevor had a good birthday! The food looks wonderful! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Trevor! I seriously miss seeing Paxton in Sunday school!! I'm glad everything is going well for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was weird. I was scanning through to get to the rice recipe and as I passed the picture of you and Paxton watching Trevor fish, I thought it was me! haha SO WEIRD!

    ReplyDelete

HTML/Java Script