Welp, May 10th was a big day at our house...Trev turned 24. He's old. BUT...since we are both so insanely busy this semester we decided it'd be best if we did his birthday celebration on Sunday, the 8th. So we did. I made Chicken Cafe Rio salads and this cake for him with cream cheese pudding, whipped cream, and a broken candybar. It was yummy. But before we get to pictures of the party...we moved. We moved to Lyman, ID. Yep. I know it's hard to believe, but it gets smaller than Rexburg here folks. In fact, I'm pretty sure Lyman is like population 40...but who's counting? Not us. We actually really really like it out here though, besides that it's approx. 7 1/2 miles from campus and costs a lot for gas. But it's fun being out in the middle of the fields and living on a dirt road. So here are some pictures of the outside of it...
Just a view from the front yard....
And the view from the same spot of our neighbors "across the street" (of course that term is being used lightly in this case...)
And just to demonstrate what our life is like out here in the country....last weekend we saw our landlords and their kids walking out in the sprinkling rain and were wondering what they were doing. Then we saw it....the cows of the people "across the street" had gotten out and were on their front lawn. Haha. So the Hunt's were going to go get them back into the fenced part where they belonged. It was funny.
The great thing about our neighbors "across the street" though? Their super cute puppies that come sit at our front door to visit sometimes...
They are so cute, but not for long. For reals, I don't even have to see the mom up close to know they have one ugly future ahead of them. But that's okay...because we won't be here for it. We like them now. :)
Now for the inside of the apartment...um...never took pictures of it. It's really not important. It's really nice though and is upstairs. our landlords live in the basement. Weird, but nice that we are upstairs for once. We moved here the last day of April, and are moving away in two weeks. We've been waiting to get into a subsidized apartment and just got in, of course. So we'll be moving after we go visit my family in Utah and we are excited to not have to drive so far to school. But we will miss the nice quiet life out here.
Now for Trev's b-day party pics. Keep in mind I woke him up from a nap for this ordeal. I know. He wasn't anxiously awaiting this special party with one guest. Rude. But here they are...
Trev at dinner!!! (p.s. THIS one was before the nap..) It was delicious! Thank goodness I got the cookbook my sister put together two days before so this dinner was possible....
Here's the both of us at dinner...p.s. I got a haircut. Haha. It's...different. But I'm starting to like it at least half of the time. Which is an improvement.
Then here is Trev blowing his candles (matches) out.
And here is the birthday boy getting the game he made me buy him when we found it at WalMart. It's "boxers and briefs" and is a much better rendition of apples to apples. He played it years ago and tried finding it for a while and only found it on ebay for hundreds of dollars. but we found it for eight dollars at walmart. yay!
And this one is to serve him right for not smiling...I warned him it would be viewed publicly....
So there you go. It was a hoppin' party. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"I know. He wasn't anxiously awaiting this special party with one guest. Rude."
ReplyDeletehahahahahahahha!
I cut my hair too! Well, I just decided to try some bangs. I don't like them that much so they're usually pinned back and I'm just waiting for them to grow out now. Yay for hair cuts
I have never heard of Boxers or Briefs. You should bring it down with you when you visit.
ReplyDeleteHappy late Birthday, Trevor!
Very creative with the birthday candles :)
Your temporary home looks like a lot of fun and I think your hair looks cute. I can't wait to see it in person.
I had no idea you moved! You guys sound like us though, living in 3 places in Rexburg. Fun times! I like your hair!! Happy Birthday to Trevor!!
ReplyDeleteHa! Emmy was right- you and I have the same haircut. My friend cut my hair too short by about 6 inches and I'm just now starting to like it. You look really cute though! I love it. I'm kinda sad you're leaving this cute house so soon. This was a funny blog too p.s. And of course, Happy Birthday Trevor!
ReplyDelete