Wednesday, January 12, 2011
I got a job!!!
So....before I tell the good news....here is a picture. My sister Liz always says, and repeated it on her own blog this very day, that blog posts are worthless without a picture....so here is the picture....it's me and Trev playing Wacky Six...and dominating like usual!!
Okay...so I got a job today. Every once in a while I'll check the employment site for on campus jobs...just for fun. But I've been praying all weekend for other specific ways that The Lord could help us out financially....none of the ways included a job. I have prayed previously though that I could find a job if that's what we needed and if I could handle having that job and doing my 17 credits of school. But anyways, I looked today and saw a position to welcome people to the weekly dances and workshops they have on campus. I thought, I can do that, and sent in my resume. The lady emailed me and told me to come in for an interview. I went after my last class and she explained the job and then asked me, "How do you feel about being a bouncer at these dances?!" Um..haha. I don't know. So, I got the job. I was very honest about how I felt about telling people they had to shave or go change their immodest clothing...which is it's not my first choice, but I can do it. We practiced and she said I'd do great. So...I am now going to be working Wednesday and Friday nights from 7:30-10:30 pm....so only about 6 hours a week...but then when they have their fancier dresses like Balls and Masquerades, I can work at those too, and get more hours. But normally, the dances I'll be doing are the country and swing dancing on Wednesdays (which are the dances I went to with Trev the night we started dating and he planted one on me.) And then on Fridays it's ballroom and salsa dancing. So it should be fun! :) Anyways, Just thought I"d mention it....and also that I'm very grateful that the Lord has provided this small way of helping us out financially. He loves us...I know it! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Mazel tov young gal. You tell them boys to shave!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! I hope it works out well for you!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! Congrats- that'll be a good job to have while in school.
ReplyDelete