Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Anniversary Number One!

So, before I get to the baby post, I better catch up. Trev and I had our first anniversary on August 6th. :) It was fun. But due to our lack of income, I got creative (which is really hard for me) and I came up with a plan. On our honeymoon we went to Anniversary Inn, which we loved, and said how we'd do that for our 1st anniversary. Little did we know that wedding money runs out and poverty settles in. SO, I thought we could go camping, but that requires too much planning and money for my tastes, so I combined the two ideas. I did our own anniversary inn in our second bedroom, with a camping theme. I worked on it while Trevor worked a few days the week before for a temp agency, and it was a blast. :) I'm very proud of my idea and hard work, so I'm going to show it off, because it was a lot of work and creativity on my part.

The Bathroom...

Our delicious apple juice and cheesecake bars (we got martinelli's and cheesecake at Anniversary Inn, but we don't like Martinelli's much)

The bed/tent and props and wall "murals"







Here we are eating our Ranch Burgers from Artic Circle and our fruit :)

Eating the top of our wedding cake that my mom froze for us..it was pretty good still, just a bit dry.

I know..I look disgusting.
All in all, it was a surprise and success. We are still going strong and love being married. :)

4 comments:

  1. I am most impressed! Great idea Kaylee. Seriously. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! The mural! So funny. I don't think anyone really likes martinellis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute and creative! I'm glad it worked out like you planned. I love the wall mural and I'm jealous you had room to "camp" in your spare room. I guess that'll change since you've got Paxton now. Still, I might have to steal that idea from you someday... :)

    ReplyDelete

HTML/Java Script