Friday, June 17, 2011

Our new apt and life

So...we moved. It was really good. Trevor's old roommate who now lives across the parking lot from us, has a truck and helped us move, along with the helping hands of his dad and brother who were in town visiting. Then, of course, Craig and Kylie came and helped, because they are just amazing people like that. We like them. But Trev and I stayed up till 1 am the night before cleaning as much as we could, getting the bathroom and kitchen done, and packing as  much as we could. So the next day, when we took another car load over to the place and lead Spencer and everyone back to our old apt, it only took two more hours to get everything out and to our new apt. We appreciate the help we got. It was an answer to our prayers, seriously. But, we are all moved in now, and I deep cleaned the apt the other day, so it's still pretty clean, so here are some pictures.....

Here is our living room. Minor complaint? There is no light in the entire room. It's slightly annoying. Oh well, because let's be honest. When I'm home, I like natural light, and watching cute children play behind our apt. (creepy I know, but I think they're too cute to let such opportunities pass by..) And another thing, I know what you are all thinking, wow, couldn't she have cleaned up a little bit? well, I asked myself the same thing, and to be honest, I couldn't have. Why? I don't know, I just couldn't have.

Here is our "dining room". It looks bigger in this picture than it really is.


Here is the awkward 2 foot tall opening between the kitchen and living room. Haha. It really is pretty pointless, besides that it allows us to hear each other better when in different areas.

This is our front closet, that we have turned into a pantry. We like it.

Here is the kitchen. Again, the dishwasher. But with this one, I definitely could have closed it before the picture, but didn't think about it, till now.

This is Paxton's (our baby...that is what we are thinking we will be naming him...) soon to be room. It's a work in progress, and a storage room.

Here is our bedroom.

And our bathroom...with our cute shower curtain. :)

So that's it. I didn't take an outside picture. Sorry. For those of you wondering why I just posted all these pictures, I just did. I figure no one will ever see it unless I do.

Anyways, I just came across these little beauties as well. At our old apt, since we had a long drive, we never went home unless we were absolutely done for the day, and would usually get home for dinner around eight or eight thirty, on a good night. Our weekends were the same. So, we hardly ever had date nights, except to watch one or two episodes of Cosby Show on Youtube...we are almost through the third season. :) I craved popcorn lots, so we looked up a recipe for kettle corn, and this here are some pictures of our date the second time we attempted this treat, and the second time we attempted my dad's yummy chocolate milkshake.

Okay..I look like a ninny in this picture, whatever.
We decided to try food coloring the popcorn this time...we liked it both white and blue. :)

The yummy treats, up close and personal.

And here we are, just as happy as can be.

P.s. I'm just going to share these recipes, because I personally think they are delicious, and highly desirable.

Kettle Corn: (from allrecipes.com)

  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
  1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, stir in the sugar and popcorn. Cover, and shake the pot constantly to keep the sugar from burning. Once the popping has slowed to once every 2 to 3 seconds, remove the pot from the heat and continue to shake for a few minutes until the popping has stopped. Pour into a large bowl, and allow to cool, stirring occasionally to break up large clumps. 
Chocolate Milkshakes (From my father):
1 tray of milk cubes (just a warning, they look disgusting when you make them, but are delicious in this)
Some milk
Some chocolate syrup or chocolate milk powder
Sugar if you feel it needs it
1 tsp vanilla

Mix it all in a blender until smooth. Sorry there aren't exact measurements, it's delicious though.

But, one more thing. So many people have told me they want to see pictures of my stomach. Until about 3 days ago though, I looked fat, not pregnant. So, now that my stomach popped out, I suppose I will share. Here is one picture showing my stomach (I'm 23 1/2 weeks along).
That's it.

6 comments:

  1. Cute shower curtain! You're looking so cute! And you crack me up. Thanks for the pictures of your apartment though. I'm glad you got moved in okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paxton--it's cute! I was just looking through my texts today trying to remember what you said you were naming him. Carson was what you told me in your text. Also, I was just telling Jon about those milkshakes! He didn't think I was serious, but I was. I was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cute little pregnant belly :) you are so cute, and I love reading your blog! What an amazing woman you are! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, Kaylee!! I laughed when I saw Farrell' father's day card, with Paxton's name, and then I got on here and you are blogging about him by name too! It just made me laugh. :) You are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you guys got moved! It looks like a nice apartment!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahha! I can imagine you in a dark room looking out your window watching small children play outside. You're too cute. Also, just as I was looking at the pictures of your desserts I was thinking, "Man, I wish I had those recipes. They look delicious!" And what do you know?? There they were! I think you sure are a cute pregnant lady. :)

    ReplyDelete

HTML/Java Script